Brewery financing & lending
Banking you can build on
CWB Craft Brewery Finance is made up of a team of experienced industry professionals who are dedicated to our clients and have a specialized focus on the craft brewery industry as a whole. Our lending experts offer the following and more:
• Volume production capacity expansion via new equipment acquisition
• Packaging solutions and improvements
• Re-financing and debt consolidation
• Brewery consolidation and term lending
We get to know you – forming relationships, asking the right questions, understanding the niche brewery industry – so that we can provide you with the right financial solutions.
We work hard to be not just productive for you, but proactive.
Types of loans
Focused expertise leads to custom solutions
- CWB has committed to building infrastructure to become a focused and specialized lender to the Craft Brewery industry with the intent to provide a spectrum of unique industry focused financial products, flexible structures and unrivaled industry knowledge.
- The objective is to partner with industry leading innovators to enhance their growth and expansion now and into the future.
We get to know you - forming relationships, asking the right questions, understanding what makes your industry move - so that we can provide you with the right financing solution that works for your business and helps achieve your goals.
Our expertise doesn’t end once your loan is funded - our team's industry-specific expertise means CWB Franchise Finance can help solve a wide range of business challenges and common concerns.
- CWB Franchise Finance is a division of Canadian Western Bank, which means you have access to full-service business and personal banking with responsive service and common-sense financial solutions.
Get started with brewery financing
CWB Craft Brewery Finance’s dedicated specialists will work to understand your business and its unique challenges to create a custom financing solution for your business.
Our staff will need the information below to get started on your loan request. Additional information may be requested to help us get familiar with your business and plans.
To qualify for the Program, the borrower must meet the following criteria:
- Proven brewery business with a minimum of 2 years in operation.
- Must meet the Minimum Underwriting Criteria described below.
Borrower and/or Affiliates must meet the following minimum underwriting criteria:
- Principals to have acceptable credit rating, good net worth and proven equity available to support project costs.
- Ability to meet covenant hurdles, including a Cash-Flow.
- Coverage Ratio and a Loan-To-Value Ratio, as determined during the underwriting process.
- Growing sales and stable financial performance and cash-flow trends.